Cerritos Car Accident Lawyers - Heritage Accident Lawyers
When you're in need of a Cerritos car accident lawyer, Heritage Accident Lawyers have years of experience and can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Lawyers - Cerritos, CA
A car accident can be an unexpected burden that can change your life in an instant. If you’re involved in a car accident in Cerritos, CA, you could find yourself suffering from severe injuries, hefty medical bills, and expensive repair costs. Many victims of a car accident have the right to demand compensation for their injuries and other damages associated with the auto accident.
At Heritage Accident Lawyers, we understand the hardship and anxiety a car accident can cause. We are available to help you recover the compensation to which you are entitled.
DO YOU NEED A WINNING ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Why Heritage Accident Lawyers Is the Best Option for You
At Heritage Accident Lawyers, our experienced Cerritos car accident lawyers believe in fighting for what is right for our clients. Our legal team will carefully investigate the circumstances of your accident to help hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
We pride ourselves on being legal experts at navigating the often-confusing insurance process to ensure our clients receive the maximum compensation. If you still have doubt about why our law firm is the best option for you, here are more reasons we are the go-to personal injury attorneys:
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- Our lawyers will do their absolute best to ensure you get the right settlement.
- We believe in the power of action tailored to your specific needs, aggressive litigation, and high-quality legal resources.
- Our experienced Cerritos car accident lawyers know how to litigate and negotiate all forms of car accident cases.
- Our firm provides free and confidential legal consultations. And since we handle cases on contingency bases, our clients are not charged any legal fees until we recover their compensation for them.
Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Attorney
You are within your legal rights to handle your car accident case on your own and negotiate a settlement with the insurance company. However, there are many benefits to contacting a car accident attorney, even if you consider the case to be clear-cut.
In-Depth Knowledge of the Law
Car accident lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of the law related to car accident cases. They can use their understanding of the law to advance your interest. A reputable car accident lawyer will ensure their clients are duly compensated for their injuries and losses. They will also use their experience to deal with insurance companies reluctant to compensate you or offer a fair settlement.
Victims of car accidents bear the burden of proof, meaning they must gather evidence that shows the accident is caused by the negligence of someone else. Of course, the at-fault party will try to shift blame or show how the victim’s actions contributed to their injuries. But an experienced lawyer can help you prove liability.
There are a couple of limitation periods that may be applicable to your accident claim. For instance, there is a limitation period to which you can file a claim, after which you can no longer file a claim or sue the at-fault party. An experienced car insurance lawyer will be aware of the limitations and take the necessary actions to adhere to all policies while also working to get clients the best settlement available.
Fair Representation in Court
Generally, car accident lawyers and insurance companies have a good idea of what a case is worth. However, if the insurance company fails to meet your demand or there is an ongoing dispute between the parties, you may want to take the case to court. When this happens, you’ll want to have a lawyer in your corner. They understand the procedures and rules, so you can find comfort in knowing that you will be represented fairly.
How Much Is a Car Accident Claim Worth?
Car accident victims have lots of important questions, one of which is establishing how much their cases are worth. A lot of things can happen in a short time after an accident happens, but once you have a clear head, you can think about your injuries, losses, and what would be fair compensation for you. Determining how much your car accident is worth involves several factors that are unique to your case. So, there is no exact or consistent amount in car accident cases.
Variables like the damages you seek can affect the outcome of the compensation you receive. You want to hire a Cerritos car accident lawyer who is thorough and will consider all recoverable damages, such as your medical expenses (for both past and present treatment), car repair bills, police reports, and others to help you determine how much your case could be worth.
Working with an experienced car accident lawyer will help you understand other losses that could be claimed as part of your case. With that information, your lawyer can negotiate with the insurance companies to get you a fair settlement that covers your needs as a result of the accident.
Common Causes of Cerritos Car Accidents
While certain car accidents are not avoidable, many are. When you know the major causes of car accidents, it can help you prevent getting involved in a car accident of your own. With car accidents, some causes are quite more common than others. Here is the list of some of the most common causes of car accidents in Cerritos, CA.
- Distracted Driving: This is the number one major cause of auto accidents in the United States. While texting and talking are the major factors that lead to distracted driving accidents, grooming, eating, applying makeup, and reading are additional factors.
- Speeding: Traveling above the speed limit is one of the major causes of a car accident. In fact, speeding is the third leading cause of car accidents in the United States.
- Drunk Driving: This has been a leading cause of motor vehicle accidents for several years. In addition to alcohol, drivers under the influence of drugs such as narcotics, prescription pills, and illegal substances are also major contributors to car accidents.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving is a huge contributor to motor vehicle accidents. Drivers that don’t pay attention while driving have a good chance of ending up in an avoidable car accident. Reckless drivers who change lanes without warning, make improper turns, or speed experience their fair share of car crashes.
- Inclement Weather: Whether it’s snow or rain, inclement weather can create hazardous conditions for drivers. For instance, ice can cause cars to slide if you suddenly slam on the brakes.
Determining Liability in a Car Accident Case
In most states, if you are a victim of a car accident that someone else is responsible for, the at-fault driver will be responsible for paying back all financial losses for injuries and damages caused as the result of the accident. However, you will need to prove why you are entitled to damages. In addition, you will need to prove why the at-fault driver is liable.
Sometimes it is pretty straightforward to determine the party at fault, like when one of the drivers violates traffic laws. In most other car accident cases, it can be difficult to determine who was at fault. Proving liability usually means showing that someone was negligent, ultimately causing the accident. To show the other party’s negligence, you’ll generally have to prove a few essential things.
While insurance companies are there to determine who is at fault in a car accident, you’ll need additional help. An experienced Cerritos car accident lawyer can protect your rights and help prove the liability of the at-fault party.
Common Car Accident Injuries
According to NHTSA, approximately 2.74 million people were injured in motor accidents in 2019. Car accident injuries vary as the unique cases of each crash are different, but some types of injuries are more common than others. Here are the common car accident injuries.
- Broken Bones: Auto accidents can inflict an extreme amount of force on the body that can break and fracture bones. Broken wrists, hips, arms, ribs, and ankles are common in car accidents.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): This is one of the most common serious injuries with potentially life-changing effects. This occurs when the brain is damaged by a blow to the head, and it can change the way the brain functions.
- Burns: If a car catches fire after an accident or your skin comes into contact with hot surfaces, chemicals, or fluids, you can suffer burns.
- Internal injuries: This type of car accident injury occurs when the internal organ or blood vessels in the body are damaged by flying debris or blunt force.
- Soft Tissue Damage: This damage involves injuries to the body’s connective tissue. When the ligaments, tendons, and muscles are torn or stretched, injuries such as bruising, strains, and sprains can follow.
DO YOU NEED A WINNING ACCIDENT LAWYER?
What to Do After a Car Accident
Whether you’ve been in a minor or serious car accident, the steps you take immediately after the car crash will significantly affect your ability to file a claim. Making mistakes is critical, especially as insurance companies often look for any excuse to reduce your settlement or deny your claim. Here’s what to do after a car accident to make your claims process easier.
- Get Help: After the car accident, immediately get medical help. Call the police to get treated for injuries or request an ambulance to the accident scene if it’s an emergency. Even if the incident was minor, still call the police, so you can get an official police report for your case.
- Make an Accurate Record: When the police arrive, make sure to tell them exactly what happened as best as you can. If you don’t know or remember certain events, tell that to the investigating officer and do not speculate. You should also make sure the statement other people involved make is accurate as well.
- Document General Accident Information: Immediately after the car accident, if you are able, try to gather information from the other driver such as car license plate number, driver’s license number, and auto insurance information. Also, note the time of the accident and take pictures. This information will be important when filing a claim.
- Consult with a Cerritos Car Accident Lawyer: While you are not required to call your insurance company from the scene of the accident, you’ll need to report the crash, even if you are not at fault. However, when speaking to your insurer or to the driver responsible for the accident, be careful what you tell them. It’s best to receive guidance from a personal injury attorney so your case is not jeopardized.
Let Our Cerritos Car Accident Attorney Help
If you or a loved one were severely injured in a car accident, contacting the experienced car injury lawyers at Heritage Accident Lawyers is the first step to protecting your legal rights. We understand how the legal system works and can help you get the most deserving compensation for your injuries and damage.
Have any questions for us? We’re available 24/7 to go over your legal options and ensure your rights are protected. So you can be confident you’re getting the best possible result with us. Contact us today for a free consultation.