Personal Injury Lawyer — Cerritos, CA
If you’ve been seriously injured due to someone else’s negligence, seek the compensation you deserve with our personal injury attorneys in Cerritos. Contact us for a free consultation.
Injured in an Accident and Need Legal Assistance?
Every day, people are injured due to someone else’s negligence, commonly after an auto accident. Most car crashes could have been avoided, yet many of these accidents result in severe injuries, permanent disabilities, or even death. If you or a loved one have sustained personal injuries due to negligence of motorists in Cerritos, CA, the lawyers at Heritage Accident Lawyers can help. We have years of experience assisting clients with a wide variety of Cerritos personal injury cases. Contact our law office today for a free case consultation and allow us to help you with your case.
Why Heritage Accident Lawyers is the Best Option for You
Whether you have been in this predicament before or it is your first time, you want to work with a law firm that has the reputation, experience, and skill upon which you can rely. At Heritage Accident Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys are reputable for offering an uncompromising level of professionalism, ethics, and results. Our lawyers have the experience and knowledge of the justice system to get our clients the best outcome possible.
When you choose Heritage Accident Lawyers, you can expect the following from us:
- Our Cerritos personal injury lawyers will work for you and always put your best interest first.
- Our lawyers have years of legal experience that matters when you’re up against experienced defense lawyers or insurance companies.
- We have handled almost all kinds of personal injury cases related to auto accidents and have recovered millions of dollars.
- Our legal team is available 24/7 and is committed to providing personal attention for all our clients at cost-effective prices.
- Whether we’re helping you settle a claim or pursuing a personal injury lawsuit, we’ll not charge you unless we win the case.
To learn more about our legal team and how we are prepared to defend your case, contact Heritage Accident Lawyers to set up a free case evaluation.
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
If you are seriously injured in an accident in Cerritos, you may be debating whether it’s worth your time and money to hire a lawyer . You may have some concerns that the cost of hiring a lawyer exceeds the benefits of legal representation. For most victims of an accident, the benefits of working with a Cerritos personal injury attorney are vast and worth the time to schedule a free consultation. Here are some of the top benefits of hiring an experienced personal injury attorney.
Expertise Throughout the Legal Process
After undergoing a physical and emotional trauma, the legal process can become overwhelming quickly with forms to complete, paperwork to file, or dealing with the at-fault party’s defense lawyer and their insurance companies. Hiring the right personal injury attorney with years of experience can help secure that your rights are being protected. Their knowledge and skills will help you avoid making costly mistakes that you may have otherwise made without having a lawyer in your corner.
Ability to Effectively Negotiate
Without legal counsel, going head-to-head with a defense attorney and an insurance company will be very challenging, as they have far more experience and knowledge to ensure you get the lowest settlement possible. They can use your inexperience to their advantage and get you to accept a lower settlement offer. A Cerritos personal injury lawyer, on the other hand, can fight for you and deal with the aggressive insurance company. This will leave you with better odds of receiving the maximum compensation.
Deep Knowledge of Laws & the Statute of Limitations
As you are pursuing a personal injury claim, you’ll need to file a lawsuit in order to get the compensation you deserve. However, for your lawsuit to be heard by the court, you must file your claim within the statute of limitations. This is a law that sets a time limit for which you must file a legal claim. If you miss this deadline, you may not be able to recover compensation for your injuries. In Cerritos, CA, the statute is two years from the date of the accident, but this amount of time can vary. A knowledgeable and experienced lawyer will know these deadlines and help you avoid missing out on your chance to recover compensation for your injuries.
Representation in Court
It is perfectly natural to be overwhelmed and intimidated by the prospect of going to court if a settlement can’t be reached. There is a series of court procedures and rules you need to follow if you want to represent yourself in court. Most importantly, you’ll be going against experienced defense lawyers. Fortunately, a lawyer on your side will handle all the areas of the litigation.
DO YOU NEED A WINNING ACCIDENT LAWYER?
How Much Is a Personal Injury Claim Worth?
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, you’ve likely suffered physically, emotionally, and financially. And you want to make sure your compensation covers these damages. A common question personal injury lawyers often get during the consultation phase is: “How much is my personal injury case worth?” It’s a simple question with a difficult answer.
Generally, when evaluating the value of a personal injury settlement, insurance companies take into account the extent of your injuries, the amount of medical treatment needed, and the amount they have previously settled a victim for a similar case. Keep in mind that every case is different, but some factors are likely to impact the amount of compensation for any personal injury claim.
Fortunately, experienced Cerritos personal injury lawyers know how these insurance companies think and can help you determine a reasonable settlement value. They can gather medical records, police reports, employment records, and other essential evidence to establish the damages. In some cases, your lawyer can also consult with economists, medical experts, and others to evaluate the full extent of both your existing and future losses.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Accidents
Cerritos has a lot of motorcycles, cars, trucks, and trailers on the highways and roadways. The high volume of vehicles on these roads increases the rate of auto accidents. However, the number of vehicles on the road is not the only factor that increases the chance of a car accident; there are several other contributing factors. Below are the major causes of personal injury in auto-related accidents.
- Distracted Driving: This has been a major cause of auto accidents. Unfortunately, it only gets worse due to the new ways drivers can become distracted, like with new technology. This includes GPS, texting, and cell phones games and apps.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving is broad and can cover multiple driving behaviors that can lead to an accident. From continuously changing lanes and tailgating behind slower vehicles to making illegal maneuvers and exceeding the speed limit, these behaviors can cause an accident.
- Drunk Driving: This is one of the major ways to be involved in an auto crash because it affects the senses, making it more difficult to see the roads ahead or react to emergencies. Still, many accidents have been caused by alcohol and drug consumption.
- Speeding: Speeding is one of the most common causes of motor vehicle accidents in the United States. The faster a vehicle travels, the less time you have to react and avoid an accident.
- Automotive Defects: Some accidents are caused by defective or faulty vehicle parts like ignition systems, brakes, tires, airbags, and steering systems. Unfortunately, the driver may not be aware of these defects until it is too late. In this case, the vehicle company, manufacturer, or mechanic may be held liable for the accident.
Determining Liability in a Personal Injury Case
Most accidents occur due to the carelessness of someone else. The basic rule is that if a party involved in an accident was more negligent than another, the less careful party must pay for at least a part of the damages suffered by the victim. However, the burden is on the victim to show why the party responsible for the accident should cover your losses.
There are several ways liability can be determined. In some cases, the admission of fault by one party is enough to establish liability. In other cases, a jury may be required to hear the evidence presented by all the parties involved before liability can be determined.
It is always a good idea to employ the services of a personal injury lawyer that has the experience and knowledge to demonstrate the factors that may have been involved in the accident that may not be obvious at the time of the accident. Most importantly, they can ensure you receive a fair representation.
Common Types of Personal Injuries
Both minor and serious accidents have the capacity to leave severe injuries in their wake. In Cerritos, thousands of people are injured each year in needless auto accidents. Accident injuries range from minor to fatal damage. This is why it’s important to see a doctor regardless of how you are feeling. Common types of personal injuries that can be compensated after a claim is filed include the following:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): Victims of accidents are extremely susceptible to TBI. This injury occurs when the brain is damaged by a piercing injury or blow to the head.
- Broken Bones: Fractures and broken bones are common in any severe type of accident. These injuries are especially serious because they can lead to internal injuries that are hard to treat.
- Back Injuries: Auto accident victims often suffer back injuries which include herniated discs, sprained backs, and fractured or broken vertebrae.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a major type of personal injury. It is the common name for tendon, muscle, and ligament injuries such as neck pain after the neck is injured in an accident.
- Internal Bleeding: Internal bleeding is quite common during an accident, and many victims do not realize they have suffered this injury. This is a dangerous form of injury that can be life-threatening if not treated on time.
DO YOU NEED A WINNING ACCIDENT LAWYER?
What to Do After a Personal Injury Accident
After an accident, the victim may be in pain and baffled. However, the actions you take directly after an accident can have an impact on your future personal injury claim or lawsuit. So, it is important to be prepared so that you know what to do in the event of an accident.
- Seek Medical Help: If you suffer a personal injury, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention, even if you don’t think that your injuries are serious. Your treatment should be thoroughly documented to prove your injuries were a result of the accident.
- Report the Accident: Make sure to report the accident to the police as soon as you can. They will document the event, and these reports can be valuable to preserve vital information. You will need a copy of the police report that is created.
- Gather Evidence: Evidence is important in a personal injury claim and lawsuit. So, it is important to begin gathering evidence and documentation about the event as soon as possible. This includes taking pictures and getting information from the party responsible for the accident and witnesses.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance company after the accident to get the ball rolling, even when the other party is at fault. While you may be angry or flustered, it is important to watch what you say to your insurer after the accident because they don’t have your best interest in mind. To be on the safe side, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer for advice and recommendations on how to report the accident.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
A motorcycle accident is a catastrophic event. After a crash, you may have concerns about what you should do and the correct steps to take in order to best set yourself up for your future claim. Here are a few things to do after a motorcycle accident.
- Check Yourself and Others for Injuries: If you are involved in an accident, emergency personnel should be at the scene to provide immediate medical care. Even if you still walk away from your accident, it is imperative to seek medical attention.
- Call the Police: You want the police to be at the scene of the accident to take statements, photos, and measurements for the accident report. Be sure to get a copy of the police report, as it can go a long way to resolving your case.
- Gather and Preserve Evidence: Due to the increased chance of a severe injury, it is more important to gather and preserve evidence if possible. In addition to getting the driver’s information, you should also get as many details from people on the scene as possible. Also, take pictures of the scene and other motorcycles and vehicles involved.
- Call your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance company to fill them in on the details of your motorcycle accident. However, you need to be careful what you tell them. Also, do not contact the at-fault party’s insurer without first speaking with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. Otherwise, fault could fall on you, and you won’t receive fair and full compensation.
Let Heritage Accident Lawyers Take On Your Case
Have you been injured in an accident and need the help of a Cerritos personal injury lawyer? If you find your browsing through personal injury attorney listings in search of the right legal counsel to handle your case, contact Heritage Accident Lawyers if you’re in need of a plaintiffs-only personal injury law firm to help get you full and fair compensation owed to you. Our personal injury attorneys can give your case the personalized attention it needs. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t have to pay for our legal services until we’ve secured a settlement or verdict.