Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney — Cerritos, CA
If you were involved in an auto accident with a rideshare driver, contact our Lyft and Uber accident lawyer Cerritos at Heritage Accident Lawyers today.
Were You Involved in a Rideshare Accident?
When you need to get across Cerritos in a hurry, ordering rideshare services such as Uber or Lyft is absolutely the most convenient option. It is also cleaner and cheaper than traditional taxis or public transportation services. But, what happens if you become an accident victim of a rideshare accident, or if a rideshare car hits you as a passerby or another driver on the road? If you’ve been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of either an Uber or Lyft driver, you have the legal right to seek financial compensation for your accident and injuries.
Contact the personal injury attorneys of Heritage Accident Lawyers for a confidential and free consultation. We provide quality legal representation to car accident victims of rideshare accidents in Cerritos and throughout the greater Los Angeles County region.
Why Heritage Accident Lawyers Is the Best Option for You
If you have been injured in an auto accident with an Uber or Lyft, you may be entitled to financial recovery if negligence was the cause. Fault in car accidents is determined by carelessness and other legal principles that pertain to vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrians. The experienced Lyft and Uber accident lawyers at Heritage Accident Lawyers work tirelessly to help victims in Cerritos. We have successfully contested numerous cases and will help you recover the compensation you deserve. Along the way, our lawyers will listen empathetically to your needs, focus on your priorities and make sure you get what you deserve.
To help make your decision easier, here are more reasons we think we’re the best law firm in Cerritos, CA, to help protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve:
- We draw on years of litigation experience to successfully secure compensation for victims of rideshare accidents.
- Our team has a comprehensive understanding of how to handle complex cases of motor vehicle accidents involving Uber and Lyft and can create a legal strategy to fight for your right.
- We build a long-term relationship with our clients by being transparent, trustworthy, and fair. We will disclose the plausibility of winning your case and explain its value to you.
- We exclusively practice auto-related personal injury law, so our clients can rest assured knowing the firm is well-equipped to handle their rideshare accident injury cases.
- Our lawyers are available 24/7 to ensure you get the support and representation you need at any time and on any day of the week.
- We handle all our Uber and Lyft accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t have to worry about payment until we recover compensation for you.
Ready to move forward with a rideshare accident lawyer who always represents your best interests? Give the Heritage Accident Lawyers a call today. We guarantee that if your Cerritos car accident case cannot be won, you will not have to pay any legal fees.
Benefits of Hiring a Rideshare Accident Attorney
When you book a rideshare service, you’re not usually thinking about what happens if you’re involved in an Uber or Lyft accident. But just like every other driver, rideshare drivers can get into accidents. However, rideshare drivers are not always considered employees of the company, which means purchasing legal claims can be a daunting task-this is something you want to avoid. We encourage you to consider these reasons you may need an experienced rideshare accident lawyer to help you through the process.
Requires Considerable Expertise
After an Uber or Lyft accident, you’re going to need an attorney who can use accident safety and reconstruction experts to thoroughly investigates your case to determine the parties responsible for the accident. Working with the right lawyer can also provide a means to receive the most appropriate medical treatment for your injuries.
Knowledge of the Law
Experienced rideshare lawyers understand the procedures and other formalities associated with Uber and Lyft accidents. They will use this knowledge of the law to protect your legal rights during the rideshare accident injury claim process. The insurance company may try to get a recorded statement from you expressing remorse. This can be interpreted as admitting fault and can be used against you by insurance adjusters. But if you talk to a lawyer before signing any document or making statements, you can be protected from these tactics.
If no fair settlement is agreed upon or the insurance company is not willing to compensate you, you can proceed to a trial for the Uber accident claim. While out-of-court settlement is usually ideal, you should never settle for unfair compensation. If your Uber accident injury case must go to court, you should do it. All you need is the right rideshare accident lawyer to represent you. The right lawyer has already represented clients with a similar case. So, they can aggressively help prove your case before the jury.
California has a limit on the time frame a victim of a rideshare accident is allowed to file a personal injury claim, which is known as a statute of limitation. So, it is vital that you submit your claim before the statute of limitation ends. It is important to speak with a rideshare accident lawyer as soon as you can to ensure you file your claim on time.
DO YOU NEED A WINNING ACCIDENT LAWYER?
How Much Is a Rideshare Accident Claim Worth?
This is a difficult question to answer as rideshare accident claims vary greatly depending on the severity of your injuries and the circumstances of the accident. Rideshare accident claims can be worth anything from a couple of thousand dollars to millions of dollars. The payment can involve settling an insurance claim for the case. If the claim doesn’t result in enough compensation, it can spiral into a rideshare accident lawsuit.
You can sue the company for the amount of compensation that will cover all the losses incurred, which typically involved current and future medical bills, property damage, and lost wages. However, the best way to understand how much your claim is worth is to establish a lawyer-client relationship with a rideshare accident lawyer. An experienced Uber accident lawyer in Cerritos, CA, will have handled many similar rideshare accident cases before, and this will give them a good idea of what compensation is fair in your particular case.
The legal representation of an Uber/Lyft accident lawyer from a reputable law company is also the best way to get the maximum compensation. The goal of insurance companies is to protect their profits by underpaying their claims. Your lawyer can help you see through their deceit and demand a fair settlement.
Common Causes of Uber and Lyft Accidents
Rideshare drivers have the same duties to obey traffic laws and drive safely as other drivers. Sadly, Uber and Lyft drivers often engage in dangerous driving practices that can cause an accident. Common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: This is one of the most common causes of all auto accidents, and rideshare drivers are typically more distracted because the entire business relies on using a cellphone while driving.
- Speeding: Due to the greater force of impact of a speeding vehicle, the victim can suffer more severe injuries or even death. Rideshare drivers are likely to exceed the speed limit because they are in a hurry to complete a trip in a shorter time frame in order to pick up their next ride.
- Fatigue: Driving when sleepy is as dangerous as driving under the influence. Rideshare drivers work long days and often into the late hours of the night, which means they may be tired when transporting passengers.
- Inexperience: Unfortunately, rideshare companies don’t provide their drivers with the right training before permitting them to use their app. This makes them engage in bad practices that often cause an accident.
- Reckless Driving: This is another common cause of Uber and Lyft accidents. Common forms of reckless driving include sudden lane changes, tailgating, speeding, and avoiding traffic signals.
Determining Liability in a Rideshare Accident Case
Rideshare injury claims, like every other personal injury claim, rest on the victim’s ability to show wrongdoing or fault. For the rideshare company to be liable for your injuries, you’ll generally have to show that the driver negligently or intentionally caused you harm. However, unlike most vehicle accidents, rideshare collisions stand out because of the existence of 3rd party (rideshare company).
To determine who’s liable in a rideshare accident, you’ll need to conduct a thorough investigation. For instance, you need to confirm whether the rideshare driver is solely responsible for the accident, if other parties are involved, and if the driver was working for the rideshare company at the time of the crash. There are several more variables in play, which makes determining liability and seeking compensation more of a challenge.
The best way to figure out the parties involved in your accident is to get in touch with a reputable law firm. Our experienced Uber accident lawyer in Cerritos has successfully represented rideshare accident victims for years. We understand that an extensive investigation needs to be conducted in order to identify those responsible for causing the accident and to get you fair compensation for the injury and damages incurred.
DO YOU NEED A WINNING ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Common Uber/Lyft Accidents Injuries
Injuries in a rideshare accident can vary from minor to severe and can even result in wrongful death of a family member or a loved one. There are a couple of elements that impact the types of injuries suffered by a victim in an Uber or Lyft accident. Here are a few of the most common Uber/Lyft accident injuries.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury that is debilitating and can damage the tendons, ligaments, and muscles in the neck and spinal discs.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): If your head hits the window, front dashboard, pavement, or any other solid surface in an accident, you could sustain a TBI. This can cause memory loss, a concussion, internal bleeding, or brain damage.
- Burns: In several rideshare accidents, victims often suffer burns from hot vehicles parts, chemicals, or fires. Burns can cause significant scarring and tissue damage that may require surgery.
- Broken Bones and Joint Damage: The impact of a rideshare accident can exert a blunt force that breaks the bones in any part of the body. Joints around the hips, knees, wrists, and shoulders are also prone to injury.
- Lacerations: Lacerations may be minor scrapes or deep cuts that leave serious wounds. These common types of rideshare injuries usually require surgery and can involve an extended healing process.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
You may not know this, but the steps you take after a rideshare accident are important. The steps you take immediately after the Uber/Lyft accident can affect your ability to recover maximum compensation. Here’s what you need to do.
- Call 911 and report the accident: When you’re in an accident, call 911 immediately. Your first priority is safety. If you are severely injured, stay in a spot and wait for emergency personnel to tend to you. You should also request the police report after it’s been created.
- Document the accident and gather relevant information: Your memory of the accident will likely fade with time, which is why it is important to document the accident if you can. Take photos of the events and document damage. Also, keep a journal and write down everything you remember, along with entries documenting your injuries and recovery. Get the driver’s information and get information from witnesses, as well.
- Protect your rights: It is important that you request a consultation with your Uber accident lawyer in Cerritos after the accident. They can protect your right and ensure evidence is not destroyed. It is important to receive legal advice from your lawyer before giving the insurance companies involved sensitive information.
Let Our Cerritos Accident Lawyer Take on Your Case
Why choose Heritage Accident Lawyers to help with your ridesharing accident claim? Simply put, our law firm has the best, most respected, and most experienced ridesharing accident lawyers in Cerritos. Our clients are thrilled with the level of professional and personal service we offer and the results we get for them.
We are available 24/7 to discuss your case and address any concerns you may have-discreetly, freely, and with the utmost attention, your case deserves. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.