Motorcycle Accident Attorney — Cerritos, CA
Injured in a motorcycle accident? A motorcycle accident attorney in Cerritos can help. Call Heritage Accident Lawyers now for a free consultation.
Have You Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident?
In an instant, you can sustain several injuries due to a motorcycle accident, which can sometimes last a lifetime. Even with a helmet, cyclists often sustain serious injuries because they have little protection against other elements. If you were injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you’ll need an experienced personal injury attorney to fight for your rights.
You might find that handling your own insurance claim is a complication more difficult than you anticipated. Without legal assistance, you could be leaving money on the table if you decide to settle for the offer the insurer initially gives you. Let the Cerritos motorcycle accident attorneys at Heritage Accident Lawyers represent you and hold the responsible party accountable.
Why Heritage Accident Lawyers is the Best Option for You
At Heritage Accident Lawyers, our board-certified motorcycle accident lawyers work efficiently once you decide to hire us to handle your claim. We’ll carefully work on every aspect of your case, from collecting accident reports and medical records to dealing with insurance companies on your behalf.
With several years of experience handling motorcycle crash cases, our lawyers work tirelessly to hold at-fault drivers accountable for the injury and damage caused. Here are some more reasons you may want to work with Heritage Accident Lawyers:
- Our lawyers have years of experience in personal injury cases and have successfully secured millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
- We know the California civil court system and can guide you through the process.
- Our law firm will work with you directly and keep you updated on all case details as they develop.
- Our lawyers will maintain honesty, transparency, and regular communication throughout the claims process.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, so we will only charge you when we’re able to recover compensation for you.
Contact Heritage Accident Lawyers today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your case.
Benefits of Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you were involved in a crash with another vehicle, the earlier you contact a qualified personal injury attorney, the better. This allows us to begin building your case as soon as possible, while your memories are still fresh and evidence is still available. Additional benefits of hiring a Cerritos motorcycle accident lawyer include the following.
The legal process is filled with complications and roadblocks. From filing lengthy paperwork by tight deadlines to non-stop negotiations with the defendant’s insurance and lawyers, motorcycle accident cases are a lot to manage. With an experienced motorcycle lawyer’s help, you will help navigating every step of the legal process.
In the case of motor vehicle accident, you have to prove negligence of the at-fault driver in order to recover compensation for your injuries and losses. One of the biggest benefits of working with a motorcycle accident attorney is that they can help you accomplish this. They know the valuable evidence that needs to be gathered, as well as how to obtain it. Without proof and evidence, it will be unlikely that you receive a fair settlement if any.
If you file a lawsuit after the statute of limitations in your state expires, the court has the grounds to permanently dismiss your motorcycle accident case. The statute of limitations is a strict law that specifies how much time you have to file a personal injury claim. Cerritos falls under California’s statute, which has a two-year period to file. However, this deadline varies. This is why it is important to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible after the accident.
Get Represented in Court
The goal in most motorcycle accident cases is to settle with the insurance company out of court. But sometimes, that doesn’t happen and litigation becomes necessary. In a motorcycle accident lawsuit, your attorney will pursue compensation for your injuries and losses in a court of law. It includes representing you if the case goes to trial.
DO YOU NEED A WINNING ACCIDENT LAWYER?
How Much Is a Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth?
Every accident is different, which makes it difficult to determine the exact compensation you could receive in a settlement. Motorcycle accidents are often severe, and these major injuries and damages can lead to higher settlements. More financial support is often required to cover extended medical care and lack of ability to support yourself and your family.
The general rule of thumb is that the more an accident impacts your life and daily routine, the more award you may be due. A few other elements that influence the worth of a motorcycle accident claim include:
- Severe Injuries
- Emotional Suffering
- Lost Wages
- Medical Bills
- Repair Costs
- Driver’s Insurance Limits
It is important to note that no law firm should ever guarantee that you’ll receive a specific amount when negotiating your injury settlements. Having said that, a qualified Cerritos motorcycle accident lawyer can help you determine a fair settlement and prevent the insurance company from low-balling you. If you work with an experienced lawyer, you put yourself in the best position possible to receive the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
According to an NHTSA study, about 80% of all reported cases of motorcycle accidents result in injury or death compared to 20% in vehicle accidents. Similarly, a motorcyclist is 27 times more likely to suffer a fatal accident than drivers and passengers in a car accident. Here are some common causes of motor vehicle accidents:
- Speeding: This is a leading cause of all types of accidents. Speeding makes it difficult for other drivers to react in time to prevent a crash. The higher the rate of acceleration, the greater the impact of collision and the more severe the consequences.
- Driving Under the Influence: Alcohol and drug use also contributes to many fatal accidents. Drunk drivers will likely face both civil and criminal liability.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving such as sudden lane splitting, sudden stops, and unsafe lane changes are also common causes of traffic accidents.
- Distracted Driving: This is a major cause of traffic accidents that affect experienced and new drivers alike. Common causes of distracted driving include texting, putting on makeup, and eating. Ultimately, anything that takes a driver’s attention away from the road is hazardous.
- Motorcycle Defects: The manufacturer of poorly built or designed bike parts can be held liable for injuries or death that occur from the use of a defective part.
Determining Liability in a Motorcycle Accident Case
When you have been seriously injured in motor vehicle accident, you are required to determine liability in order to pursue legal claims. Determining liability means identifying the party responsible for causing the accident that led to your injuries and losses. If someone else is responsible for the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for all your losses as a result.
One of the challenges of an accident claim is the widespread bias against motorcycle riders. With this long-standing prejudice, juries have a history of ruling that is not favorable to plaintiffs who are bikers. It can be challenging, though not impossible, to overcome this bias. Insurance companies are quite aware of this and often offer a lower settlement.
Due to this, the burden of proof that lies on the victim can be more different than in car-related cases. Experienced motorcycle accident attorneys know this, too, and they can give your case the attention it needs to debunk the bias surrounding motorcycles and aggressively pursue a fair settlement.
DO YOU NEED A WINNING ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Every year, more than 80,000 injuries occur due to motorcycle accidents. Most motorcycle accidents result in all types of injuries. Here is a list of the most common motorcycle injuries.
- Broken Bones: This is common in motorcycle accidents due to the lack of protection during a collision. Cyclists can suffer fractures and broken bones from low-speed sideswipes to severely crushed bones.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): Motorcyclists have a higher risk of TBI than passenger car drivers. This injury can cause serious physical, financial, and emotional strain that may affect you for the rest of your life.
- Road Rash: This happens when your body skid across the ground and your skin makes contact with the asphalt. Road rash causes the skin to burn and tear, which is extremely painful and sometimes requires surgery to repair.
- Internal injuries: Internal bleeding and damage to the internal organs can be caused by a blow that doesn’t break the skin or flying debris.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: This is a common cause of motorcycle accidents, especially the ones that involve cyclists getting thrown from their bikes. The injuries can cause severe pain or paralysis.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
A motorcycle accident is a catastrophic event. After a crash, you may have concerns about what you should do and the correct steps to take in order to best set yourself up for your future claim. Here are a few things to do after a motorcycle accident.
- Check Yourself and Others for Injuries: If you are involved in an accident, emergency personnel should be at the scene to provide immediate medical care. Even if you still walk away from your accident, it is imperative to seek medical attention.
- Call the Police: You want the police to be at the scene of the accident to take statements, photos, and measurements for the accident report. Be sure to get a copy of the police report, as it can go a long way to resolving your case.
- Gather and Preserve Evidence: Due to the increased chance of a severe injury, it is more important to gather and preserve evidence if possible. In addition to getting the driver’s information, you should also get as many details from people on the scene as possible. Also, take pictures of the scene and other motorcycles and vehicles involved.
- Call your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance company to fill them in on the details of your motorcycle accident. However, you need to be careful what you tell them. Also, do not contact the at-fault party’s insurer without first speaking with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. Otherwise, fault could fall on you, and you won’t receive fair and full compensation.
Let Heritage Accident Lawyers Take on your Case
If you have been involved in a Cerritos motorcycle accident, contact Heritage Accident Lawyers today. We understand what you’re going through because we’ve represented many victims like you. Without proper legal representation, there is no guarantee that you’ll receive a fair settlement for your injuries.
Our team will help you get the best possible compensation for no upfront costs to you. Call our law offices today and speak with our Cerritos motorcycle accident attorneys for a free, no-obligation initial consultation to learn more about your case and legal rights.