Truck Accident Attorney — Cerritos, CA
Our Cerritos truck accident lawyers at Heritage Accident Lawyers fight for victims of truck accidents so they can get the maximum compensation they deserve.
A Law Firm That Knows How to Handle Truck Accidents
A car accident involving large commercial vehicles such as semi-trucks are more likely to result in serious injury and damage than regular auto accidents with passenger vehicles. Thousands of people are injured in truck accidents each year, and yet too frequently, trucking companies consider truck accidents as part of the regular course of business and basically budget for insurance and possible liability costs.
We don’t recommend car accident victims involved in semi truck accidents attempt to handle a personal injury claim on their own. These types of cases that may include other negligent parties and their insurance companies should be handled by experienced truck accident attorneys for the best outcome.
If you or a loved one has been severely injured in a trucking accident, contact Heritage Accident Lawyers today for a free consultation. We operate on a contingency fee arrangement, which means we charge no upfront legal fees. Our truck accident lawyers are dedicated to representing clients with serious injuries.
Why Heritage Accident Lawyers Is the Best Option for You in Cerritos
If you have been hurt in an accident involving a commercial vehicle, our experienced Cerritos truck accident attorneys are fully prepared to help you win the compensation you need to go on with your life. Whatever the kind of damages and injury sustained, we’ll use our extensive legal knowledge and experience to win you maximum compensation. This can be used to pay all your medical expenses, settle property damage claims, reimburse you for lost income, and give you some measure of justice for everything you have been through.
Injured victims who were involved in a tractor-trailer or 18-wheeler accident throughout Cerritos, CA choose Heritage Accident Lawyers for the many advantages we offer, such as:
- We are committed to securing the highest compensation for our clients while offering personal attention.
- From the moment you contact us, we begin brainstorming every avenue of how to approach your case, so that you will receive fair and full compensation.
- Our team is available 24/7 to answer your questions, address your concerns and guide you through the entire process.
- The award-winning lawyers at Heritage Accident Lawyers are widely recognized as some of the best accident attorneys in the country.
- Our accident attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t charge upfront for all the services and resources offered, and you’ll only pay when we win.
Don’t wait – you have deadlines to meet! Contact Heritage Accident Lawyers today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits of Hiring a Truck Accident Attorney
18-wheelers, big rigs, and other large trucks are usually riskier as their size and weight can cause more damage. The chances of sustaining severe injuries after truck accidents are high-this means the treatment can be expensive, and some injuries are so serious that they cause disability or even death. Working with an experienced lawyer can only help you get the most out of your claim. Here are the benefits of hiring a truck accident attorney.
Uncovering Important Evidence
Truck accident lawyers are familiar with discovery rules, and they can use them to cover evidence and preserve it. An experienced lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation into the causes of the accident and document evidence that can help you get the right compensation.
Offering Competent Legal Guidance
An experienced attorney can provide you with competent legal guidance on every state of your accident claim. This type of accident case often involves additional layers of complexity, and a knowledgeable lawyer can explain this to you as the case advance. They can ensure your rights are protected, and all legal procedures and rules are properly followed in order not to jeopardize your claim.
Litigation occurs when the situation is not resolved by the insurance company and your lawyer through negotiation. In this instance, your lawyer can take the case to court and allow the judge to declare the ultimate verdict. However, keep in mind that most cases don’t go to court, but an experienced lawyer will always be prepared for every scenario.
Statutes of Limitations
While it is easy to define the statute of limitations, it is beyond the time expected to file the truck injury case. There are several factors to consider when it comes to the legal technicality of statutes of limitations, including the availability of evidence, date, and time. A truck accident attorney is the best legal professional to consult to ensure you file a case within the statutes of limitations.
DO YOU NEED A WINNING ACCIDENT LAWYER?
How Much Is a Truck Accident Claim Worth?
If you were injured in an accident, it is only natural to wonder how much your injury claim might be worth, especially when you have incurred huge medical bills and lost your income. The compensation you receive from an accident that wasn’t your fault is intended to make your life whole as fully as possible. That means you may be entitled to recover a considerable amount of money that covers all of the damages you have faced due to the accident.
However, there is a lot that goes into the value of an accident. You’ll need to put into consideration the economic and non-economic damages, which can be difficult to calculate. Since each crash is different, it’s best to discuss your accident with a truck accident lawyer who can help you determine the worth of your case.
Keep in mind that a reputable and experienced accident attorney would never promise to recover a particular amount of money, no matter how strong your case seems to be. Nonetheless, your lawyer can gather vital evidence, analyze the accident scene, interview the witnesses and take the necessary steps to pursue the maximum compensation possible.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Accidents with large commercial trucks happen for all the same reasons as passenger car crashes. However, due to the sheer size of these vehicles, an accident can be more tragic, causing the most severe injuries and deaths. The following are the most common causes of truck accidents in the United States:
- Truck Driver Error: This accounts for the highest percentage of truck accidents in the United States. According to FMCSA, 88% of truck-related accidents are due to the error of the trucker. This could include anything from negligent driving to distracted driving.
- Unbalanced Load: While ship dockworkers are required to properly load a trailer, it is the responsibility of the truck driver to ensure the cargo is loaded correctly and is balanced before closing the doors. It can be tough to control unbalanced loads on a windy day, which frequently leads to an accident.
- Driver Fatigue: This is a serious problem in the trucking industry. Though the hours that truckers can work are stated and limited by the law, they still have a demanding schedule with long hours. This leads to some truck drivers forcing themselves to stay awake through the long drives.
- Driving Under the Influence: Truck drivers under the influence can cause serious danger to themselves and everyone else that uses the road. Because of this, FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) dictates that blood-alcohol concentration for commercially licensed drivers cannot be any higher than .04 BAC, which is half the threshold for other drivers.
- Inexperienced Drivers: With the high demand for truck drivers, trucking companies sometimes do not have enough time to train or work on their driver’s skills. And this can lead to dangerous accidents, especially when the trucks are so large and heavy.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident Case
A fault is a complex subject in many accident cases. Unlike a typical car accident case where the at-party is another driver, more than one party can be responsible for a truck crash. As the truck driver’s employer, the trucking company may be legally responsible for the trucker’s actions and the safety of the trucks. Several other parties may also be at fault, including the truck manufacturer, the cargo owner, vendors offering the services, and the local government responsible for the highway maintenance.
To recover the maximum award for the injuries and losses sustained in the accident, the burden is on you to identify all of the liable parties. A thorough investigation is required to determine who is responsible for your injuries and how their negligence led to the accident. Fortunately, an experienced truck accident lawyer can help.
Cerritos truck accident attorneys have the experience to connect the dots. They review a variety of data after the accident to determine how the event unfold and who may be legally responsible for the crash. This includes the evidence they collect at the scene of the accident, police reports, and examining the truck and other vehicles or properties in the wreck. In some cases, they may consult accident reconstruction specialists for the interpretation of the crash.
DO YOU NEED A WINNING ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Car accidents with semi-trucks or 18-wheelers can be catastrophic. If it doesn’t kill the victim, it often leaves them with horrific injuries that can take several years to recover from. This is why it is important that you receive the compensation your need to handle your current and future medical expenses. Here are some common accident injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): This is a serious health condition that can result from either open-head injuries or closed-head trauma. TBI is a common injury that can lead to physical and cognitive impairment, seizures, personality changes, and even death.
- Broken Bones: The blunt force to the body during a truck collision can easily lead to broken bones. A completely shattered bone is common in truck crashes due to the massive force of impact.
- Burns: There is a greater chance of a truck fuel tank rupturing and catching fire, which could lead to serious burns to the skin. 3rd and 4th-degree burns are severe, involving long recovery times.
- Lacerations and Cuts: Lacerations and cuts from trucking accidents can be excruciating. These injuries leave scars that may never fully heal.
- Internal Injuries: The force of a truck slamming into a car or smaller vehicle like a motorcycle or bicycle can lead to internal injuries. The kidneys, bladder, spleen, and liver are often most affected.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
Being involved in a truck crash is scary, and it can leave the victim at a loss for what to do next. Due to the complexity of the accident, it is often in your best interest to seek help from a trusted Cerritos truck accident lawyer who can guide you. Follow the steps below to protect your rights following a serious auto accident.
- Call the Police: The first thing to do after most car accidents where injuries were sustained is to call 911 and request help. The first responders and police will be summoned to the scene and when the police arrive, make sure to tell them what you remember about the events leading up to the crash. Also, make sure to request a copy of the police report.
- Seek Medical Attention: Get a medical evaluation for yourself and other people involved because you might have suffered injuries (such as internal bleeding) that don’t manifest immediately. Even if you’ve been examined by emergency personnel at the scene, ensure to request a medical evaluation at the hospital.
- Document the Evidence at the Scene: If you are able to and it’s safe to walk around, you should try and document the evidence on the scene, which could include contact information for everyone involved in the accident, photos, and other essentials like driver’s license numbers and insurance information.
- Report the Accident to your Insurance Company: While it is important to report the event to your insurance company, be careful about what you say to them. Also, if the other party’s insurance company contacts you, remember that you are not required to speak to them. Instead, direct them to your truck accident lawyer.
Let Heritage Accident Lawyers Take on your Case
At Heritage Accident Lawyers, we have all the experience, knowledge, and resources a reputable legal team needs to get results even with cases as complicated as truck accidents. We have what it takes to stand up to the meanest insurance companies and biggest trucking corporations. Our legal team has been well-recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims in Cerritos for several years.
If you were injured in a truck accident, contact us immediately to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.